Burning Tips and Candle Safety
Bliss would love for you to enjoy every moment of your soy candle burning experience. Soy candles are beautiful but can be dangerous if not used with caution. Please follow these guidelines to ensure your safety.
- Never move or leave candles unattended while burning.
- Keep the wick trimmed to 5 mm to prevent smoking and carbon mushrooming. Re-trim the wick before every use.
- Burn in a draft free area clear of combustible material such as curtains, books, baskets, etc.
- Candles should be spaced apart while lit to prevent uneven burning.
- Keep the burn pool clean; never throw matches into the candle.
- Keep candles out of direct sunlight and away from heat sources.
- Always place candles on a non-combustible, heat-resistant base set on a level stable surface.
- Extremes of heat and cold should be avoided. Do not store candles in the freezer and never leave them in a hot car.
- Candles may be cleaned by washing them gently in cool water. Allow to air dry before use
- Keep candles out of reach of children and animals at all times.
- Do not burn for longer than 4 hours at a time.
- Extinguish your candle before liquid gets too deep (approximately 12mm) allow the wax to re-solidify and trim the wicks prior to relighting. This will prevent your wicks from falling over and overheating the glass which can lead to cracking or shattering.
- Discontinue burning the candle when there is 10mm of wax at the bottom of the jar. Glass is vulnerable to heat and could crack or break when there isn’t enough wax to absorb the heat.
- Your candle can be extinguished by dipping the wick into the molten wax using a wick dipper or by putting the lid on the jar.